Niko is looking for an experienced Hardware Developer to our R&D Team dealing with future lighting control and building automation
Niko is an international family owned company providing beautiful and well-designed, intuitive and user-friendly controls to make people’s homes work better. Inspired? Then you might want to work with us!
We are currently looking for an experienced, dedicated and result-oriented individual to join our R&D Team at Competence Center Detection in Sønderborg, to further strengthen our hardware development within lighting control, sensors and detectors. You will take part in development and maintenance of hardware solutions within our product portfolio.
As Hardware Developer, your main responsibilities are specification, development and maintenance of our hardware solutions within our product portfolio of sensors and systems. You will be involved in all phases of the development process translating product ideas into products ready to be sold. You will contribute to ensuring a high-level of quality in the hardware development and that tasks are accomplished within the timeframe. In addition, your key responsibilities will be:
- Participate in the development of technology in our exploration phase before the project becomes a development project
- Plan, estimate and accomplish tasks according to the plan
- Specification of hardware and relevant interfaces, e.g. software in collaboration with colleagues
- Digital and analogue circuit design
- Conduct EMC/LVD layout
- Conduct testing and verification of design
- Development/anchoring of methods within hardware development.
Your working base will be in Sønderborg, and you will be a part of Niko’s R&D Team that consists of experienced and dedicated colleagues in several countries. You will also collaborate with various people both internally in the organization and externally. You will refer to the R&D Manager Nordic at the Competence Center Detection in Sønderborg. Moreover, you must be willing to do short business trips in Europe 1-2 times a month.
Background and skills
For this position, you hold a bachelor’s or master’s degree in electronic engineering. Furthermore, we expect you to have +5 years of experience working with hardware development in a similar position within R&D, preferably within the electronic business. In addition, you possess the following competencies:
- Experience with 230V circuits
- Experience with power supplies AC/DC and DC/DC
- Experience with SOC designs (high speed buses, DDR signal integrity, balanced lines impedance matching, I/O pin parameters and displays)
- Experience with RF designs 868MHz/2.4 GHz (PCB antenna design and matching)
- Board bring up (differentiate HW – SW faults), CPU debugging (Serial, RTT, SWD, JTAG)
- Experience with EMI/EMC/ESD/CE design and testing
- Design For Test (DFT), Design For Manufacturing (DFM) and Design For Assembly (DFA).
With advantage, you possess some of the following competencies:
- Firmware development, bootloaders, RTOS/bare metal, Linux
- Programming languages C or Python
- Understand low level SW protocols (USB, MDIO)
- PDM/PLM knowledge (Product Data Management and Product Lifecycle Management) for example: Siemens TeamCenter
On a personal level, you are a passionate hardware developer who is always up to date in terms of new technology, market development, customers and competitors in the market. You have a systematic approach in your way of working, and you do deliver high-quality and innovative solutions. You thrive on collaboration and you are good at seeing your colleagues’ strengths, so you together can create new exciting products. In continuation hereof, you have the ability to engage with many different people both internally in the organization and externally. You have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, optionally knowledge of Danish or wish to learn the language.
If you have questions or would like to know more about this position, please contact Søren Kamp Mortensen from Zubstanz at + 45 2548 8050 or e-mail by clicking the button "Send ansøgning".
We make buildings work better for you!
Niko is a family owned company based in Sint-Niklaas, Belgium. Niko designs and produces switching material, lighting control and home automation. Our solutions minimize energy consumption and improve user comfort. Niko Group employs more than 600 people in 10 countries. Niko Nordic in Sønderborg, Denmark, is competence centre for detectors and handles sales and distribution of Nikos product range in Denmark, Sweden and Norway.
A good place to work
At Niko you get the opportunity to unfold and stimulate your skills in a highly technological and innovative environment. We aim at having a good and inspiring work environment where you can both use and develop your knowledge and talents. We do believe that dedicated employees are the fundament for the continued growth and development of Niko.